10 Ways To Boost Your SEO. The concept of Search Engine Optimization is straightforward to understand. In effect, it’s the practice of tailoring your website to rank higher on search engine results. If that weren’t simple enough, SEO processes would focus on one thing: improving your website’s visibility when people search for related topics or products.
This article provides a brief overview of the kind of questions people have about SEO techniques. It also explains the factors used by search engines to determine rankings before culminating in an intermediate guide to 10 Ways to Boost Your SEO.
Before we talk about how SEO techniques work and how you can use them to your advantage, let’s look at some common questions people have about Search Engine Optimization.
A Guide to the Factors Used for Search Engine Optimization
How Does Search Engine Optimization Work?
Google and Bing, two common examples of search engines, use automated bots to crawl through websites and pages on the Internet. These bots categorize, sort, and rank pages on an index after collecting certain specified types of information about them. This index is enormous, containing more than billions and trillions of web pages.
Next, these pages are analyzed by search engine algorithms. At least with Google, these are ever-changing, as Google’s in-house team keeps changing the criteria, signals, and ranking factors used to rank pages and determine the order they’ll appear in for a search query.
Professional SEO services ply their services in this field, offering to optimize your website using search engines’ latest ranking criteria and signals. SEO experts use a variety of different techniques and methods to optimize your site or page.
Some standard services offered by these experts are keyword inclusion, building up link equity, and even changing the architecture of your website to make it easier for search engine bots to read.
Search Engine Success Factors, And How They Come Into Play
Developing a solid strategy for driving organic traffic to your website doesn’t just mean throwing in a couple of keywords. Any SEO strategy relies heavily on what experts call success factors: a collection of criteria, factors, and requirements that contribute in their manner.
These factors can be divided into several different types and categories: there are On-Page Factors, representing elements like keywords and website architecture, and Off-Page Factors, which are things like a built-up reputation for the website, and user interactions that make the site seem more reliable.
Consult the list below to know more about search engine success factors and the criteria search engines use to choose and present content for search queries:
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
1. On-Page Factors
On-Page Factors are entirely under your control (or the service optimizing your website’s control), which is why you usually see the most amount of personalization in them.
They’re also the most critical factors where your website has to pull through spectacularly if you want to have a satisfied audience. While several On-Page factors play a massive part in the SEO process, there are three you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Content: The actual content of your web page is, of course, the most critical factor. It has to be relevant to whatever the topic of your website is, and if it’s a blog or article, it also has to be professionally well-written. The blog’s author has to do their research correctly to present facts and not fiction.
Like you might have guessed, there’s a caveat here: not everybody who owns a website is good at writing. However, you hardly have to worry as most Search Engine Optimization services also provide a Content Writing service.
- Architecture: The architecture of your website is super important to your search engine rankings. In fact, a single thing can change whether your well-written blog or article stands at the top or bottom: how easily search engine bots can read your article. For a professionally designed website architecture, you’ll want to use tools like anchor text to simplify and space out your content, making it easier for users and search engine crawlers to find what they want.
- HTML: HTML, while a secondary factor, also plays an integral part in the process. Having clearly defined links and HTML headings means search engines can divide your content into sections and show links to specific pages and areas on the site. Believe it or not, this is golden for making an impression on first-time users and goes a long way towards motivating people to read your content.
Doing all of that might sound seriously tough if you aren’t used to how comprehensive Search Engine Optimization processes are. In reality, though, these are factors that anybody well-versed in the subject will look to satisfy immediately.
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
1. Off-Page Factors
Off-Page factors are where it gets tricky. Most of these are built up over time or depend on third parties to impact your website positively. Having a reputation and good record for user interactions will automatically rank you higher on search results when it comes to a long-term view. Check out these three crucial Off-Page factors:
- Reputation: The best example of a factor that’s entirely out of your reach is your website’s reputation. Positive comments and a good reputation come from a happy audience, and while you can do everything imaginable to satisfy them, it depends on them ultimately. The fact remains that search engines evaluate your reputation, which is why you have to ensure your viewers aren’t dissatisfied with the content.
- The User: Yes, you heard that right. Where the user is from plays a large part in what the search engine will show them. For example, the search query ‘doctors near me’ will display well-optimized results near the user’s location. Clinics and medical practitioners, to follow the example, that are far away will not be shown, even if their website is better optimized!
- Links: The quality of a site’s backlinks is also considered, though their importance varies with Google’s ever-changing algorithms. Links to and from reputable websites will add authenticity to your website, whereas links to shady sites or spam links will do the opposite.
These are just some of the search engine factors that Google, Bing, and other search engines use to evaluate sites and present them in a particular order for a search query. Learning them helps a lot, but you’ll need more than a knowledge of search engine success factors to implement a successful SEO strategy.
The Intermediate List of – 10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
When thinking about Search Engine Optimization, it’s just as important to keep something else in mind: the user experience. You can’t have a robotic, uninteresting site layout that’s fully optimized for SEO but looks unappealing to visitors. The best way to satisfy both users and search engine algorithms is to make a comprehensive strategy.
Read through this list of 10 Ways To Boost Your SEO to figure out a Search Engine Optimization strategy for your website:
1. Understanding Google’s Criteria
Understanding Google Search is a large part of any Search Engine Optimization process today. Other search engines like Bing and Safari use many factors and criteria to evaluate, verify and present results to users, but Google has the most comprehensive algorithms.
Combining an understanding of Google’s criteria with proper On-Page SEO elements will improve your chances of satisfying the criteria and automatically rank you higher on search queries.
The most popular search engine used today, Google, looks at things like:
- User Experience: The experience a person has on your web page is an essential criterion for Google. Items that impact a user’s first-time experience, like loading time, how quickly people can interact with the page, and even the quality of attached links, are considered.
- Relevant Content: The second most important criterion would be the relevance of the content to the search query. Google does this by identifying relevant keywords and phrases used throughout the range.
- Engaging Users: Users can interact with any web page in several ways. Appealing site design, short loading times, and well-presented content ensure users stay longer and scroll through the entirety of the material (or watch it, in case it’s a video). Google will always choose to present results where users spend time moving around the site as this is a sure way of identifying how engaging the material is.
- Trustworthy Material: Lastly, Google also cares a lot about presenting reliable material, which is where the concept of authoritative material comes in. Relevant links to trustworthy, high-ranking sites go a long way towards making a web page considered reliable by the search engine.
2. Use Your Target Keyword in Important Places
A great tip from Search Engine Optimization experts is always to use your target keyword within the first paragraph. Remember that search engines identify keywords and phrases in your content to identify the web page topic better? Using your target keyword, in the beginning lets you make the web page’s topic and purpose clear.
As you go further into the material, use keywords and phrases related to the target keyword. If possible, bold them (if it doesn’t look out of place) so that search engine crawlers can easily find these keywords.
However, and yes, this is being mentioned for the second time, you should take care to never over-stuff your content with keywords. One keyword per paragraph is acceptable: if tens of individual words are bolded out all over the material, it’s just going to look bad.
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
3. Make Sure Your Blog or Article Has H1 and H2 Tags
H1 and H2 tags stand for Heading 1 and Heading 2 tags, respectively. Their benefit comes in two different stages: using H1 and H2 headings improves search engine results and user appeal.
Let’s take that into perspective for a second. The user appeal point is the easier one. Simply dividing your content with H1 and H2 tags allows you to set apart different sub-topics and sections. This means users can find the exact content they’re looking for faster or get a general gist of what the area is about quicker.
On the other hand, the search engine side is also crucial. H1 and H2 tags point out what a section is about, marking its relevance to the search query. This helps search engine crawlers and other bots better register information, which can massively improve the performance of your content in generating traffic.
4. Prioritize All Types of Linking Opportunities
There’s a sentence that points out the importance of linking ideally: “Linking allows you to show that your site is a part of the larger digital ecosystem.” Inbound and Outbound links, which are just links pointing to your website and links to other websites, respectively, add a lot of authenticity to your website, especially if the links are to/from well-known websites.
The best part about linking is, it’s not even that hard. If you’re a content creator, it’s as simple as including a link to provide additional information about a subtopic or point. If you use it correctly, having links in the correct places can boost your authoritativeness on a particular subject.
5. Optimize Your URLs
Optimizing URLs is an often forgotten step by people new to SEO techniques. Optimizing a URL means including essential keywords in it spaced out by hyphens, which makes the topic the page is covering even more apparent.
It also helps attract traffic to your web page since users always feel more comfortable clicking on a URL that includes the content of their search query.
6. Make Sure Your Title Tag Points to the Topic
The title tag is the large, blue text that appears just below the URL in Google Search results. And if you’ve ever used the world’s most famous search engine, you already know it’s the first thing that most people look at. It attracts the most attention, which makes it both a blessing and a curse.
The benefit, as you’d expect, is that if you take care to optimize it, users will definitely be more attracted to your site. This can mean including the target keyword and maybe even a hyphen with the site’s name after it for flair.
However, if you ignore the Title Tag, you miss out on probably the most significant way of boosting your SEO rankings.
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
7. Write Optimized On-Page Content, And Revise It.
If you think writing Search Engine Optimized content is enough to sustain your website over the years, think again. As mentioned above, Google’s Algorithms are constantly changing, which means websites that want to stay at the top will have to change with them.
The best way to optimize the entirety of your site is to regularly revisit old content and optimize it again using current techniques, methods, and target keywords. You should remember, though, that the commitment to serving quality content never changes.
8. Add and Update Meta Descriptions
Okay, maybe it’s best to explain what a meta description is. In simple words, it’s the little bit of gray text you see under the Title Tag, meant to provide a very brief description of what the page is about.
When your keywords in the meta description align with the searches made by users, you guessed it: it ranks your website higher on search engine results. Think of meta descriptions as an easy way to advertise your content, and add context for the Title Tag.
9. Guarantee User Engagement
Above all of that, though, the content or material on your page should be engaging for users. It should be interesting enough to increase the time they spend on your website (also called dwell time) and decrease the chances of going to another website instead (which is called bounce rate).
Google takes both of these into account to figure out how engaging your content is to users.
You have many options to make your content engaging: clear headlines that indicate topics and subtopics are an excellent option, as are using bullet points and lists instead of a wall of text. Video content is also gaining a lot of popularity as Video Marketing gets more and more popular.
10. Use Optimized Images in Your Pages
Customers always appreciate images and videos more than just text all over a page. Pictures and videos create user engagement, which even links to a previous point in the 10 Ways To Boost Your SEO list.
Make sure, however, to add images that are relevant to your content instead of vague and abstract images. If you can create pictures yourself, that’s a massive benefit, like images you make yourself are credited to your website.
If there is something you should make sure of, it’s that the images are correctly optimized. Include keywords and phrases in their names, but keep it short. Also, reducing their file size makes sure that they load quickly, which is very important for many users.
Frequently Asked Questions About SEO
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
Common Questions About the Methods, Techniques, and Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
Unlike methods used in earlier times like spamming links and pasting ads across the Internet, Search Engine Optimization uses complex methods to promote organic growth in a website. The sheer efficacy of these techniques has made the SEO process vital to having a thriving website today.
When you consider, however, the simplicity of the concept with the actual complexity of its execution, it’s inevitable that people new to Search Engine Optimization will have tens, if not hundreds, of questions. Check out this list of FAQs about Search Engine Optimizations:
1. What is Keyword Research?
Keyword Research is a very important part of Digital Marketing processes today. It helps you determine the keywords and topics you should use to optimize your website and the content published on the site.
For example, a company that provides Digital Marketing services might find that ‘online marketing is a trending keyword and change their website to include the word in blogs, articles, and other content.
This way, whenever somebody searches up that particular keyword on a search engine, the company’s website is guaranteed to show up as one of the first results.
In simple words, Keyword Research is the practice of finding out the queries commonly entered into search engines and then publishing pages that will show up as results for those queries by including the keywords.
2. How Does Keyword Research Help Me?
Let’s make a note of something before we get into this: Keyword Stuffing, the practice of including any and every keyword that even slightly relates to your topic, is a bad practice and can ultimately harm your website.
With that out of the way, Keyword Research is a generally beneficial process and something you can do on your own using something like Google’s Keyword Planner. The benefits, though, are pretty obvious: including Keywords in your website helps generate more traffic and clicks, and ultimately customers too.
10 Ways To Boost Your SEO
3. Will It Boost My SEO If My Website Is HTTPS?
Upgrading to an HTTPS domain is a painless process, but it’s also long enough to make people hesitate. For people who want to know if upgrading your website to an HTTPS website will help its search engine rankings, the answer is a resounding yes!
The reason is that HTTPS is a secure, encrypted version of HTTP. Google, the search engine targeted by 90% of SEO services, indexes HTTPS pages first and even recognizes it as a signal to rank a website higher.
Considering that, upgrading your website to HTTPS should be one of the most elementary steps in your SEO process.
4. Should I Be Concerned About Link Equity? What Is It?
Link Equity can be slightly hard to understand a concept. It’s the amount of influence that a link transfers from a page to another page. The effect of Link Equity, though, is easy enough: the more Link Equity a page has, the more trustworthy search engines will deem it.
Search engines use Link Equity to determine how worthy a page is of being shown to people, with pages that contain links from authoritative sites and relevant content being ranked higher and higher.
The answer, obviously, is a big yes if you haven’t gotten that yet. Tailoring your website to have the best LinK Equity ensures that search engines rank it higher on query results.
5. Where Can I Start My SEO Strategy?
Where you begin your SEO Strategy depends more on less on how far you’ve gone with the process. Suppose you haven’t done anything yet, good. Take a step back and do as much research as possible before engaging in any optimization processes. Research is always helpful, even if you’re contracting a service to boost your website’s Search Engine Optimization.
Not only will you be able to understand most of the intermediate SEO processes they offer and evaluate different packages, but you can also check up on the service quality yourself using your new knowledge about SEO techniques!
Conclusion: You Hardly Have to Be an Expert to Optimize Your Site
Just like everything, Search Engine Optimization is a learning process. You always have the option of contracting an affordable service to optimize your website, but if you’re interested in learning, you don’t need to be an expert to build a website that ranks well on SERPs.
Understanding the basic concept of SEO is a necessity, of course, but once you’re done with that, all you need is to arm yourself with the right tools (and an optimization strategy to help plan out what techniques you’re going to use).
The guide above provides an intermediate level knowledge of 10 Ways To Boost Your SEO, SEO techniques and the measures you can take to promote more significant traffic, ensure user engagement and guarantee good SERP rankings on your website!